1. It can prevent the tyrosinase activity through synthesizing with copper ion in the cells after it enters skin cells. Kojic acid and its derivative has better inhibitory effect on tyrosinase than any other skin whitening agents.
2.Kojic acid can also eliminate free radical, strengthen cell activity of cell and keep the food fresh.
3.Kojic acid also has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Packing & Storage
Paper-drums and two plastic-bags inside
Preserve in tight containers at controlled room temperature .
2 years when properly stored.
What is kojic acid?
Kojic acid is a kind of specialized inhibitor for melanin. It can prevent the tyrosinase activity through synthesizing with copper ion in the cells after it enters skin cells. Kojic acid and its derivative has better inhibitory effect on tyrosinase than any other skin whitening agents. At present it is assigned into various kinds of cosmetics for curing freckles, spots on the skin of old man, pigmentation and acne.
1. Kojic acid can inhibit tyrosinase synthesis, so it can largely inhibit the skin melanin formation;
2. Kojic acid is able to eliminate the free radicals in the human body, strengthen the activity of the leucocyte;
3. Kojic acid have ideal effect in easing pain, relieving inflammation and curing many diseases
Application Of Kojic Acid
1. Applied in Agriculture:kojic acid is used in producing biological pesticides;
2. Applied in Medicine,kojic acid has been used as the an important material of cephalosporin-type antibiotics;
3. Applied in other fields:kojic acid is also used as iron analytical reagent and film spotting agent, etc;
4. Applied in Cosmetics,kojic acid has been widely added into the lotion, face mask, liquid cream and skin cream. Recommendation usage for cosmetics: 0.2~1.0%;
5. Applied in Food additive, kojic acid work as antiseptic, antioxidant, preservative and color stablizer in meat processing, also act as useful materials of food aromatizer - maltol and ethyl maltol.
1. Kojic acid on the light, heat and metal ions are not stable, do not add high-temperature formula, to control the system of iron and other metal ions content.
2. The system is best to add appropriate complexing agents such as EDTA and antioxidants such as sodium sulfite;
3. Recommended dosage: 0.5 ~ 2.0%.
Kojic acid is used for macula-removing and whitening.In the human skin, tyrosine is oxidized and polymerized with oxygen-derived free radicals under the catalytic action of tyrosinase and then synthesized to melanin. Kojic acid can inhibit tyrosinase synthesis, so it can largely inhibit the skin melanin formation; furthermore, kojic acid is safe and nontoxic and won't cause white spot syndrome. Therefore, it has been widely added into the lotion, face mask, liquid cream and skin cream. Whitening cosmetics containing kojic acid are able to treat effectively the freckle, senile plaque, pigmentation and acne, etc. Kojic acid in concentration of 20ug/ml is able to inhibit 70~80%of the activity of many kinds of tyrosinases (or polyphenoloxidase PPO) .
Kojic acid is widely used in high-quality skin lightening cosmetics, bath preparation and mouth or teeth care products. Cosmetics containing kojic acid can treat freckle,acne, pigmentation and macula effectively without any toxic and side effects;It is also used as an important material in antibiotic -cephamycin, anodyne, and antiphlogistic production; It is also used as antiseptic,antioxidant, preservative and color stablizer in meat processing, also act as useful materials of food aromatizer - maltol and ethylmaltol
Kojic Acid is used for increasing the brightness of facial skin.
It is commonly used in leave-on creams, anti-aging creams and lotions, around-eye creams, facial cleansers, which are generally applied to the face, but can also be used in body moisturizers and sunscreens.
2.2 Medical use:
Kojic acid also has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Kojic acid and it's derivatives are used as an important material in antibiotic - cethamycin, anodyne, and antiphlogistic production.
2.3 Pesticide Biologic
Fertilizer with 0.51.0% Kojic acid has a clearly effect on increase production both foodstuff and greenstuff.
2.4 Commonly used formulations:
kojic acid's use level added in cosmetic amounts to 0.2-1.0 percent.